Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Morphine Overdosing Leads to High Mortality Rate Among Elderly

LOS ANGELES (CBS) Nov 17, 2009 A local nurses assistant has been charged with drugging seven of her elderly patients. Three of them died. Police are now investigating to see if murder charges can be filed.

"My mom says to me, 'I've done my grieving. God took him.' God didn't take him, mom.

Somebody killed him," Suzie Yarger said. Dameria Lawhorn, 51, has been charged with seven counts of elder abuse for allegedly overdosing seven patients with morphine.



Dameria Lawhorn, 51, has been charged with seven counts of elder abuse for allegedly overdosing seven patients with morphine.
--------------------------
This are a few of the cases that come to light, experts say that 85-92% of cases of elder abuse go unreported.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WAS THIS WOMAN IN ORANGE COUNTY?

Anonymous said...

My husband died from Morphine overdose.