Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Letter From Congressman Sestak to Attorney General

copied from
http://nasga-stopguardianabuse.blogspot.com/2010/05/congressman-joe-sestaks-letter.html

May 9, 2010

Mr. William E. Moschella
Assistant Attorney General for Office of Legislative Affairs
U.S. Department of Justice950 Pennyslvania Ave., Nw, Room 1145
Washington, DC 20530

Dear Mr. Moschella,

Enclosed please find a consent form from Ms. Holly Peffer. I enclose the several documents that substantiate Ms. Peffer's present concerns. I also enclose my letter to, and the response that I have received, from the Department of Health and Human Service, Administration on Aging. I reiterate here that my legislation on this critical matter of elder abuse is diretly on point to rememdy the plight of questionable guardianships, where an act of apparent compassion may mask greed.

Ms. Peffer's claim of miscarriage of justice resulted from the seemingly irregular use of guardianship procedures to seperate Ms. Peffer's mother from her family. In this case, the procedures within the state of Florida are at issue. For that reason, I am copying the Attorney General of Florida with this present letter and its enclosures and asking that the authority respond to my inquiry as well.

I ask that this matter be carefully reviewed within your department and that I receive a response as to what measures might be taken to address this issue in general and Ms. Peffer's concern specifically. I may be reached at my district office, located at 600 North Jackson St., Media, PA 19063. If you have any questions or concerns relating to this issue, please call my District Representative, Anne Vaughan, at 610-892-8623.

Thank you kindly for your attention to this concern. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Joe Sestak
Member of Congress

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

THIS IS SO GREAT THAT THERE IS NOW ON RECORD A CONGRESSMAN WHO BELIVES WHAT HE IS BEING TOLD ABOUT ELDER ABUSE!!! NOW IF HE COULD ONLY BE CONVINCED TO HELP SPREAD THE WORD, AND STAND UP FOR THE REST OF OUR LOVED ONES ACROSS THE U.S.

Jeffrey Golin said...

Please, please, please I need an actual copy of this actual letter, as soon as possible, on his letterhead. It's important!