Monday, February 2, 2009

Heaven Help the Elderly - No Help from the Authorities Here

by Claudia thedonnellys@oo.net

On Monday, I sent a packet of materials to the Internal Investigation Dept. of the King County Sheriff's Office -- filing a complaint against the detective who "investigated" my elder abuse complaint.

I just got a phone call from a KC Sergeant. He said what I sent him didn't constitute a viable complaint against the detective -- so there will be no investigation.

He said that he would send the material to the Maple Valley precinct to see if what my siblings did -- spend mom's money on trying to disinherit me or buying clothes for her at the Goodwill or outlet mall stores was financial exploitation of a vulnerable adult.

He thought what my brother(s) and sister did constituted bad judgment -- but not fraud. I guess keeping mail from her, spending it on attorney to disinherit me is ok to do, spending her money on legal fees -- that ok to do.

Mom got screwed -- from the guardian, my siblings, the various attorneys, and there is nothing anyone will do. Heaven help the elderly of King County and Washington State.

Claudia
----------------------
God help the elderly not only from King County but in all counties, the message is " You are on your own" abuse an animal and you could go to jail, in my county you catch a lobster out of season and there is an investigation, but elders that a "civil matter" no need for an investigation there.

No comments: