Friday, May 25, 2007

"Bones of the Homeless" Blogger of the Week

Courtesy of Judy Jones


When I moved to San Franscisco, seeing people eating out of garbage cans and dying on the cold concrete streets made me sit down and weep. I watched as people walked by pretending not to see their Mother, Father Sister and Brother in each soul crying for help.

I prayed with my heart, soul, mind, body and spirit to die before ever accepting fellow human beings eating out of garbage cans and dying from our neglect. I asked to be guided to open hearts through sharing what I see.


I am a painter and only bought a camera to take pictures of the homeless I see. One day as I was sitting in front of a store eating,and a homeless man across from me had tears in his eyes. It so overwhelmed me, that I left my camera on the bench and never bought another.

Please support Judy's work for the homeless and visit her site Judy Jones >>

No comments: