Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Elder Stripped of Civil Rights 'In Masse'

by Janet Phelan

San Diego,California U.S.A.

I was first contacted by Daryl Baker last month. He is under conservatorship. His son is the conservator and Attorney J. David Horspool, of "The Probate Murders" infamy, is the attorney for the conservator.

I have spoken several times with Mr. Baker, who is sixty-five years old and has been placed in an Assisted Living Facility in San Diego. He has expressed alarm at having lost all his rights and is concerned that his assets are being stolen.

Following his contacting me, I made contact with Adult Protective Services in San Diego, and spoke with an APS worker in San Diego named Luis Ortiz and with his supervisor, Carlos. I did not find them sympathetic or particularly concerned about Mr. Baker's plight.

This morning, I spoke again with Mr. Baker. He told me that his psychiatrist, who has been previously pivotal in having him conserved, has "downgraded" his situation and is now giving him medication for schizophrenia, which Mr. Baker denies having been on previously.

He has supplied some medical records, attached, which support his claims. He told me that the psychiatrist, Dr. Paul Desilva, threatened him with lock-up and yelled at him repeatedly in the last visit.

Mr. Baker revealed to me that he was visited again last week by Luis, of Adult Protective Services, who told him that he did not take my call seriously because I "just wanted to get Mr. Horspool." In fact, I had only told Luis that if he found any irregularities in Mr. Baker's case that he could contact the San Bernardino Grandy Jury.Previously, Mr. Baker was diagnosed with skin cancer.

As the conservator did not attempt to get him medical help, Mr. Baker dug out the cancer himself.It is my strongest belief that Mr. Baker is being abused.

Letter From Daryl Baker

DEAR JANET;

THE FIRST DOCUMENT IS THE DOCTOR'S REFERRAL FOR MY CANCER ON MY FACE. THIS HAS NEVER BEEN DONE AND THE PSYCHIATRIST LAUGHED WHEN I GAVE IT TO HIM. IT WAS THE FOLLOWING WEEK AND MY SON WOULD NOT TAKE ME. HE SAID IT WAS NOT HIS CONCERN.

THE SECOND IS A LIST OF MEDICATIONS THAT I HAVE BEEN ON FOR THE LAST 15 YEARS AND HAVE NOT BEEN CHANGED UNTIL THIS LAST WEDNESDAY. FEB. 25, 2009.

THE PSYCHAITRIST IS THE ONE THAT HAD ME SIGN A GURADIAN AD LITIUM ONLY IN THE WORKER'S COMP. CASE. I FOUND OUT LATER THAT THIS PUT ME INT0 A CONSERVATORSHIP IN THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA. I COULD NOT HIRE AN ATTORNEY TO DEFEND MYSELF, WHEN MY WIFE TOOK EVERYTHING I OWNED AND MOVED TO OKLAHOMA. SHE DIED OF BREAST CANCER IN JAN. 3RD 2008

SINCE I HAVE TOLD THE COURT INVESTIGATOR THAT I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE MY RIGHTS BACK, LAST YEAR. THAT I WOULD BE READY THIS YEAR 2009 BECAUSE THE PROPERTY SETTLEMENT WOULD BE COMPLETED AND THE CONSERVATORSHIPS WERE SUPPOSE TO BE TEMPORARY.

AROUND CHRISTMAS TIME, MY SON CONTACTED, MR HORSPOOL AND HE CONTACTED MY PSYCHIATRIST..DR. PAUL DE SILVA 09-885-5608HE STARTED TO DOWNGRADE MY CONDITION AND SAY I WAS GETTING WORSE. THEN ON FEB. 25. 2009 HE SAID THAT I PROBABLY WOULD NEED TO GO TO A LOCK UP. HE CHANGED MY MEDICATION TO A NEW SCHIZOPHRNIC DRUG, WHICH MEAN I HAD EXTREME PARINOID.

THAT IS THE NEW. MEDICATION. THAT IS DOCUTMENT 3.
I WILL WRITE MORE A LITTLE LATTER ON.
THANK YOU

DARYL

Attachment: Documentation from Mr. Baker =>> Baker.pdf

No comments: