Monday, September 15, 2008

They Are Killing My Mother! With Seroquel

Dear Elder Abuse Help. Org

My mother, Yvonne Sarhan has been placed on *Seroquel, an anti psychotic medication used to treat Schizophrenia, however, my mother does not have Schizophrenia.

I called Dr. Steven Leslie Kaplan and asked why did you place my mother on Seroquel, he stated, for Insomnia. I asked why are you giving my mother 200mg at bedtime and 200mg in the morning, if it for Insomnia, why in the morning, Dr. Kaplan stated wow that is a high dose and he wrote the prescription, 3 months later my mother Yvonne Sarhan, is still being forced to take this medication. Why would you give my mother Seroquel which is a very dangerous medication, on the insert of the Box it states “Not To Be Given To Elderly People With Dementia Related Illnesses, can cause sudden cardiac death, strokes and diabetes, he said, “well you have to be careful.”

I have been a medical doctor for 16 years and there not one reason to give my mother this medication unless the guardians and the doctor would like to end my mother’s life so they can steal the rest of the money. Until now, I had no idea that a medical doctor would risk his patients life to assist the guardians in the theft of my mother’s and family assets. Dr. Steven Kaplan has been reported to the Florida Medical Board due to negligence, incompetence and criminal acts.

My mother is in a forced guardianship Case# 03-3440 in Miami Florida, which the whole case is illegal, I have been fighting 5 years to free my mother. On August 5, 2003, when my mothers Civil Rights were taken away, my mother was fully Competent, and was not in any need for a guardianship and did not want a guardian. She stood up in the Court and stated to Judge Bruce Levy, “Your Honor, if I have to have a guardian I want my son Robert, he is a medical doctor and a very loving and caring child.”

Six months after my mother was ruled incompetent, I took my mother to a Court appointed Psychiatrist and a Board Certified Neurologist and both stated my mother was competent, when we went back to court we asked Judge Bruce Levy, can we have my mother’s rights back now and Judge Bruce Levy Stated, “that she is not competent until I say she is Competent, denied,” even though my mother is competent, she remained in a forced guardianship against her will. I continue the fight to free my mother today.

The punch line is, 2 years into the case we found that Enrique Zamora was representing my mother and at the same time was representing the guardian of my mother and Zamora denied this representation, lying to the Court and the Court, Judge Norma Gerstein , did absolutely nothing but try to cover it up.

Judge Arthur Rothenberg did the same. Judge Celeste Muir is my mothers new Judge 305-349-7105 and the fax is 305-349-7137. Please help me save my mother’s life before they kill my mother, call the Judge, Fax your Senators and Congressman, State Attorney whoever will help.

We ask for your help to please help me free my mother Yvonne Sarhan

ROBERT SARHAN, M.D.
22795 S.W. 212 Avenue
Miami,Florida 33170
305-246-4279 Home and Fax
305-338-6160 Cell


Judge Celeste Muir is my mothers new Judge 305-349-7105 and the fax is 305-349-7137.Please call or fax and ask to free my mother.

*Zyprexa and Seroquel are not for use in psychotic conditions that are related to dementia. Zyprexa and Seroquel has caused fatal heart attack and stroke in older adults with dementia-related conditions.

Zyprexa and Seroquel may cause you to have high blood sugar (hyperglycemia). Symptoms include increased thirst, loss of appetite, increased urination, nausea, vomiting, drowsiness, dry skin, and dry mouth. If you are diabetic, check your blood sugar levels on a regular basis while you are taking Zyprexa and Seroquel.

-----------------------------
Please Help Robert Sarhan to save his mother for the sake of his grandson that deserves to know his grandmother who is being kept isolated and medicated.

Guardianship fees exceed $800,000 Enough is enough Please let your voices be heard !

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A quote "One can tell a lot about a country by the way it treats its weakest."
When ONE citizen in America is stripped of their civil rights, it should raise an alarm throughout our country.
I am the sister of a man (deceased)that was also stripped of his civil rights.
In my family, so many lives were forever altered and destroyed
because of the misdeeds of others.
Elected and appointed officials, do something about the madness of Elder Abuse. Otherwise, I suggest you hang your heads in shame.

Denise Williams, Certified Lifestyle Counselor said...

Seroquel is a very dangerous drug for the elderly and I have had two experiences with it myself in caring for parents. Your case sounds like the rights of your mother are being violated and that she is being chemically restrained. If you want to read more about my experience with this awful psychotropic drug, you can read about it. And just a note, my mother could not complete a sentence or make any sense when I figured out what was going on. Since we switched Doctors and she was taken off the Seroquel, she is now speaking and acting just fine! Seroquel will really screw up the elderly and usually it is given for the convenience of the caregivers. I try to educate caregivers and the public in the rights of the elderly and abuse of psychotropic medications. You might want to contact the CCHR, Citizens Commission on Human Rights in Clearwater Florida for assistance with your mother's case. I think it will cost you nothing to do that and will probably help her. Here is my link: http://lifestylecaregivers.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Seroquel is a very dangerous drug for anyone at any age.

My adult daughter takes Seroquel for insomnia also and it is has altered her mind state to the point that she now suffers from drug induced psychosis which caused permanent damage to her brain. She is having heart problems now as well.

My 10 yr old grandson was placd in foster care and CPS doctors diagnosed him with 20 or more different mental disorders and is forced to take 15 different medications. The foster parents get paid $20,000 per month by the state to care for him and the CPS gets about $90,000 per month to keep him in state foster care. The foster parent has 3 other kids all with the same exact diagnosis as my grandson and she gets same amount for their care as well. She gets a total of $80,000 per month for 4 children plus financial incentives to keep them drugged up.

It's all about the money - GREED. Very sad that doctors and government employess, courts and others who stand to profit are allowed to "cause" irreversable mental illnessess and other physical/medical damage all for the sake of financial bonuses and incentives from the pharma industry.

Our elderly and children are most vulnerable and what this system is doing to them is unforgiveable.

I am in process of filing formal complaint with the Citizens Commission on Human Rights.